Anatomy of a cardboard box:
- Set of glass salad/dessert bowls. Wedding gift 21 years ago. I've acquired 2 other sets since then that I like much better.
- Plates & coffee mugs. Birthday gift a few years ago. Thoughtful, but not practical for everyday use or storage. They are cute, and someone is going to snap these up.
- Stainless steel & plastic water bottles. How many does a family need? I purged the ones with awkward or leaky lids. I don't even remember when/where I bought them.
- Ikea ceramic bowls. Or maybe they were from a dollar store. Either way, I moved them out of the kitchen long ago because the kids fought over the colours. And now they've been replaced with vintage glass bowls and modern Corelle.
- Clothes & shoes. When do kids stop growing??
The kitchen purge came about because I was looking for a storage solution for my growing Pyrex collection. I got rid of what I never use and don't particularly like, to make room for things that I can use on a daily basis, and make me smile every time I look at them.